Sunday, September 16, 2007

A New Treasure

I found this ordinary briefcase at a thrift store and decided that I could use it for display purposes. I had seen someone (I wish I could remember who so I could give credit) use a suitcase to display their cards and I thought it was a wonderful idea. I transformed it with this wonderful fairy land paper featuring islands, castle and pirate maps. I used my favorite glue "Super 77" to get all the paper to stick and I used all the scraps to fill up the inside. It only took about 2 hours to decide on the layout and to apply all the layers. I also used chalk to age the torn edges. I think it will work perfectly for what I have in mind and also be a great conversation piece.

1 comment:

Simply Wired Custom Jewelry said...

Aren't suitcases THE PERFECT little vessel to tote your art and display it, too? This is absolutely wonderful! Nice job!