Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Underwear Man and his assistant Teddy Bear Underwear

Let me start with “kids do the darndest things”. My son was especially energetic tonight at bedtime and as I was listening to him giggle I hear him say “Underwear Man”. Which of course immediately caught my attention? I crept up to peek in the room and saw him standing at the bottom of his brothers bed, posed like a super hero with underwear on his head, underwear on each arm and actually wearing underwear (he refused to wear them any other time and mostly the underwear in the drawer is just for looks). He is 6 years old and just goes to prove that anything can make a superhero. He thought he was so funny. I told him to get to bed and leave his brother along. He asked if he could sleep in his costume and I said yes. Next thing you know he is hollering for me. I go in the room and he introduces me to his new assistant. Teddy Bear Underwear. Who is of course decked out in his own whitey tighties? I got a good laugh from that and now the superhero’s in underwear are fast asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your son would love the series of books by Dav Pilkey called "The Adventures of Captain Underpants". They are chapter books that you will have to read to him at this age, but they do have some pictures and are just hysterical! The books are laugh out loud, blow milk out your nose funny for boys from 4 to 12.

GwynnsGifts said...

Thanks so much for the info. Sounds like something both my boys would really enjoy