Monday, July 27, 2009

Upcycling to create GREAT outdoor lighting


I have been collecting 1 gallon glass jars from work to use for various things. Mostly they hold stuff like chicken feed, spare change and craft notions but yesterday I was inspired by some great handmade paper that I came across while cleaning and created this awesome candle holder. My son Cody and I made the first one with just paper and it turned out really cool but we both thought it would look so much better with some sort of silhouette coming through. So then I tried it with paper flowers glued on first and then beautiful paper over and this is what we got. I also wired a handle on it so you can hang it up. We lite both candle holders up last night and they looked great outside. I have so many ideas for different themes that I can't wait to make more.

No comments: